Terms and Conditions
- Prescriptions – By law Life Compounding Pharmacy has to receive the original paper prescription prior to the product being dispatched to the patient or pharmacy. All prescriptions faxed, emailed or uploaded to our website will be required by the pharmacy within 7 days. You can forward your prescription to our reply paid address at:
c\- McCarthys Pharmacy
Reply Paid 88384
Orange NSW 2800
- Faxes – if faxing a prescription for compounding please include a coversheet with your contact details so we can contact you about your prescription.
- Schedule 8 (S8) prescriptions (i.e. fetanyl) – All S8 prescription repeats will be required to be kept at the pharmacy as per NSW Law. Prescriptions must comply with all S8 prescription requirements. As of 1st of August 2016 all unregistered S8 compounded medicines can now only be prescribed by registered doctors. Please refer to the new guidelines at http://www.health.nsw.gov.au/pharmaceutical/Pages/unregistered-s8s.aspx for more information. We will not compound any S8 medication until your doctor has completed this step.
- Schedule 4D (S4D) medicines (i.e. DHEA, testosterone) – All S4D prescriptions will require us to retain the repeat prescriptions at the pharmacy as per NSW Law.
- Pharmacies – pharmacies can order compounded medicines on behalf of their patients however the original prescription will still be required to be sent to the Life Compounding Pharmacy for processing prior to shipment.
- Payment/Costing – Life Compounding Pharmacy will contact you with a price once we receive a copy of your first prescription. Payment must be received by the pharmacy before your product is dispatched.
- Preparation – The pharmacy endeavours to have your prescription ready within 1-2 days. In some instances we may need to order ingredients which may delay preparation by 1 day or more. The pharmacy will contact you to confirm an approximate delivery date based on current ingredient availability.
- Refunds/Exchange – As Compounded medications are made to order they cannot be returned, refunded or exchanged.
- Personal information – your personal information will be kept confidential at all times. All information provided by the website is protected by security.
- Payment information – we will record your payment information for future purchases and this will be kept securely at the pharmacy.
- Health professionals – by supplying your prescription to us you consent to us contacting your medical practitioner or other health professional to confirm details about your prescription.
- Postage/Courier Fees – the pharmacy will contact you to confirm the price of postage or courier to your address. For most products the cost of postage anywhere in Australia is $8. If the product is greater then 500g in weight the cost of postage may be more.
- Delivery – most deliveries in the Central West will be delivered the next day. Areas outside of this will take longer and are dependent on Australia Post or the courier service.
- All S8 medications will be required to be couriered or registered to your address and will require a signature on arrival.
- Refrigerated items – if your prescription is required to be refrigerated we will courier this to your address in a refrigerated esky. Courier fees for products in Central Western NSW start at $12. The pharmacy will contact you to confirm the cost.
- Tracking – we will provide a tracking number for all items that are posted via Australia Post. Please ensure to provide an email address or mobile number so we can send you the tracking details. Go to https://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/track.html to track your item.